Rabu, 04 Februari 2009

THREE ATTITUDES TO LIFE

THREE ATTITUDES TO LIFE

As a human being you have the choice of three basic attitudes toward life. You may approach life with the philosophy of vegetables , in which case your life will consist of being born, eating , drinking, sleeping, maturing, mating, growing old and dying. Human vegetables live a calm life and are undisturbed by the problem of this world. They require neither books nor learning, since vegetation is the beginning and the end of their lives. As they never read books we need not disturb their placid existences by useless instruction on the art of living.

The second basic attitude is to look at life as if it is a business. A great many successful men and women believe that life is a business, and they arrange their behavior accordingly. If you believe that life is a business your first question of life is “What can I get out of it ? “, and your first reaction to any new experience is “How much did it cost me ?”. In the world based on this attitude, happiness becomes a matter off successful survives. Life becomes a matter of aggressive attack and successful defence. Our skyscrapers, our super-motorcars, our giant supermarkets are all the result of personal competition. But so are oppression, war, class conflict, and the exploitation of smaller nations by their more powerful neighbors. We easily overlook the terrific cost of the competitive system to individual and to nation. The competitive system breeds crime, poverty and insanity, the costs of which weigh heavily on victor and victim alike

The third attitude toward life is the approach of the artist. Here the underlying philosophy is “What can I put into it? And the basic relation of individual to his fellowmen is that of cooperation and respect . If we look at history as a test of the quality of this attitude, we find that it remembers best those who have contributed most richly to the welfare of their fellow-men. When we examine the lives of these contributors we find that they were never self –seeking people. The more we investigate and the more we learn about living the more we become convinced that the artistic attitude is the only one consistent with human happiness.

2 komentar:

  1. I think I belong in the attitude of business is 50%. First because my parents is business and I feel like a very good businessman. And my dad taught me "do not want to be paid, we must pay" he said. And I never want to hurt.

    belong in the attitude of vegetables is only 25% because I am too lazy to learn the person, not complicated, and he wanted to just look trivial. but I also do not want to live in this world only "born, eat, drink, sleep, maturity, marriage, growing old and dying." I want to feel pleasure in the world

    I belong in the attitude of the artist only 25% because I'm easy to forget the events are very important to learn again, and I think it's important to learn from mistakes, but I rarely use that opportunity, and always ends with regret.

    BalasHapus
  2. From the attitude of my vegetables
    was 20%, because vegetable lives his life quietly,
    but only live there in this world do not want to seek knowledge even further,they feel that he has been so useful to people, not hard, just looking for simple only.I do not want the world just to live like that, I want useful for all.

    From the attitude of my business 40%, because I think I can arrange a suitable behavior with life. I want to with the attitude that I have, I can successful.

    from the attitude my artist's
    was 40%, because I can learn from the mistakes in the past, I've ever experienced. May the failure of which I have in the past could be a lesson in the future later.

    BalasHapus

You Can give your comment for my posting and thanks of the comment.

Ads

Wikipedia Search

YouTube Search

http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/img397/4715/youtubelogokr3.png